Tolerance is defined as:
- a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward those whose opinions, practices, race, religion, nationality, etc., differ from one’s own [dictionary.com]
- the endurance of the presence or actions of objectionable persons, or of the expression of offensive opinions; [dict.org]
The following references clearly show that tolerance is not what the gay activists are seeking. The articles relate how the gay activists are punishing those who supported Proposition 8.
- ‘Gay’ threats target Christians over same-sex ‘marriage’ ban
- Gays Hit Back at Mormons
- Prop. 8 protesters target Mormon temple in Westwood
- Prop. 8 victors upset by personal attacks
- Mormon Temples in Utah, L.A. Targeted With White Powder
- Tolerance on Display – Targeting Leatherby’s Family Creamery
- CMT artistic director quits in fallout from Prop. 8 support
- Prop. 8 supporters suffer harassment, assaults from homosexual activists
- The Hypocrisy of the Tolerance Movement
- The Proposition 8 Blacklist
- Same-Sex Marriage Advocates Continue Threatening Yes on 8 Supporters
And, as I stated before and provided examples of here, once they have redefined marriage, there will be efforts to indoctrinate our children, force churches to perform their ceremonies, and silence all opposition!
For your reference, here is the current definition of marriage from two separate sources. I have placed the wording here rather than simply linking to the definition in order to preserve them.
- The social institution under which a man and woman establish their decision to live as husband and wife by legal commitments, religious ceremonies, etc. [dictionary.com]
- The act of marrying, or the state of being married; legal union of a man and a woman for life, as husband and wife [dict.org]